/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WiFi vs 3G at Panera Bread

This GigaOM article answered some questions I have had about how people access their increasingly large datastream. I always use WiFi at home and have helped several people set up their own secure Wifi connections. I was further struck by the discovery at Panera Bread that they had instituted a 30 minute maximum access to their WiFi. Foolish of them since I can get unlimited connections at several other restaurants nearby, where I am likely to move my meetings. Yes, I know and have observed that people hog their Wifi. Yet a simple upgrade would solve their problem and ensure their customers staying around. Foolish move. The post above talks more about how people are using and expecting Wifi in their environments.

No comments: