/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Senses and Sales

Roger Dooley writes about the use of more senses to promote sales.  Along the way mentioning and quoting Dan Hill's new book:  About Face: The Secrets of Emotionally Effective Advertising, which I am in the midst of reading.   This topic was one we worked on continually in the enterprise.   How do you add sensory dimensions to products, their marketing and merchandising?  I recently stayed at a Westin Resort in Florida and experienced their 'White Tea'  range of products.  First was the hotel wide use of a strong 'White Tea' scent to brand the hotel.  The signature scent was developed by Scentair, a company we also worked with.  My arrival reaction was that it was too strong, but in a few hours I got used to it and it left a pleasant background impression I will remember.

No comments: