/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twitter's 145 Million Users

A GigaOM post on Twitter's 145 Million Users.  My comments:

I have now used Twitter for over two years. I started using it as an experiment to see if it could increase visitors to this blog. It seems to have, though many other things have changed at the same time, so it is hard to determine cause and effect. During that same time advanced mobile use has exploded.

I remain skeptical of Twitter. I would prefer some sort of incentive to restrict messages to 160 characters, but also be allowed to provide more if I want to. It is true there are lots of interesting and useful things out in Twitter, but if you take a close look at the stream ..... most of it is ... twit. It is true you can link your own more detail writings easily from twitter to a blog. There are many easy to use blogs like Posterous.

No comments: