/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Friday, September 09, 2011

Digital Gastronomy

This week I gave a presentation in Chicago and mentioned the idea of manufacturing food and beverage remotely, giving as  examples the Coke Freestyle machine and work that had been done at MIT with food printing ideas.  The whole topic has been interesting to me for some time.  Now I see in Fast Company much more about work by my colleagues at HP on the topic.  As mentioned in the article, it is really about 'playing with your food', like all of the art and science of cooking is'  Good details.  Will we ultimately be able to transmit taste by sending it digitally?   I do note that our own experiments with digitally sending scent formulations were less than commercially successful,  but I am hoping that HP can do much better.  Does anyone else have there have good commercial examples?

No comments: