/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Personal History of Blogging

According to the Wikipedia, Blogs were invented in 1998.  In 2001 I started an internal enterprise blog that was the most read in our global company.  It connected me to many new people.  A follow up effort sought to connect blogs to Wikis to capture corporate knowledge.  After retiring I ran blogs for other companies.  I had started a public blog around 2003, and this blog eventually arose from that effort.   I have experimented with many offshoots of blogging, like Tumblr, Twitter and Pinterist.  All copy the element of logging things on the web, and recording the stream.   So I consider them a form of Blogging. Various estimates exist, but hundreds of millions of people participate in these activities globally today.

No comments: